Bradford Networks and Xirrus Partner to Deliver Simple and Secure BYOD Access to Optimize Wireless Network Deployments
Partnership Extends Xirrus’s BYOD Solution to Provide Joint Customers with Full Visibility and Control over Personally-Owned and Corporate Devices
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – February 19, 2013 — Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices, and Xirrus, the leader in high-performance wireless networks, today announced a technology partnership to provide solutions that will enable simple and secure access for bring-your-own-device (BYOD) deployments.
“With the explosive demand for BYOD, enterprises’ wireless networks must now support a barrage of personal mobile devices and new applications all demanding access to the network without compromising performance or network security,” said Steven Wastie, Chief Marketing Officer, Xirrus, Inc. “We selected to partner with Bradford Networks in part because of our existing joint customer deployments and extensive integration capabilities. Our partnership with Bradford Networks will extend our BYOD solution to provide enhanced network access control capabilities that will enable our enterprise customers to support their BYOD strategies by delivering complete visibility and control over all mobile devices connecting to their wireless networks.”
Xirrus recently announced its BYOD solution which provides functionality dedicated to optimizing user access, application access, device access, and network requirements for BYOD deployments. Bradford Networks will integrate its Network Access Control (NAC) solution with Xirrus’ BYOD solution to provide customers with enhanced functionality that will address BYOD security while giving users access to the network resources they need via corporate-issued or personally-owned devices.
Key benefits of Network Sentry for Xirrus customers include:
- Network Infrastructure Visibility – provides a real-time view of the organizations’ dynamic network infrastructure to detect and prevent any changes that would introduce risk;
- Device Profiling and Fingerprinting – identifies and classifies each type of device and user on the network to enable role-based network access policies;
- Endpoint Compliance – validates the endpoint’s configuration as it tries to join the network. If the configuration is not compliant (i.e. patch missing, outdated antivirus, jailbroken device) then connections can be prohibited or users can be warned until the endpoints are remediated;
- Network Provisioning – ensures the right users on the right devices gain access to the right set of network segments through role-based access control policies;
- Guest Management and Self-Registration – enables users to self-register their own devices shifting the workload from IT to the end users. Additionally, onboarding of guests can be delegated to deputy onboarding administrators;
- EasyConnect – automatically sets device security configurations, encryption type and other critical security settings on the user’s device to fully automate the onboarding process;
- BYOD Ecosystem – fully integrates with leading security vendors and mobile device management (MDM) providers, including AirWatch, to support and enhance customers’ comprehensive BYOD strategies;
- Out-of-Band, Scalable Architecture – supports all network infrastructures and vendors.
“We are very pleased to partner with Xirrus. This partnership validates and further enhances our BYOD technology ecosystem, which combines the benefits of mobility, security and MDM solutions with NAC to address customers’ unique BYOD strategies,” said Vincent Ma, vice president of business development, Bradford Networks. “Furthermore, this partnership extends our market reach and provides Xirrus’ customers with a turnkey solution to address BYOD.”
About Xirrus, Inc.
Xirrus is the leading provider of high-performance wireless networks. Xirrus’ Array-based solutions perform under the most demanding circumstances with wired-like reliability and superior security. The Xirrus wireless solutions provide a vital strategic business and IT infrastructure advantage to the education, healthcare, government and enterprise industries that depend on wireless to operate business-critical applications. Headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA, Xirrus is a privately held company that designs and manufactures its products and solutions in the USA. For more information please visit: www.xirrus.com and follow us on Twitter: @Xirrus.
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company’s flexible platform is the first network security offering that can automatically identify and profile all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Bradford Networks provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Bradford Networks is now used by more than 900 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.