Future Point Systems Releases indico, a Revolutionary Visual Analytics Solution for Business and Government Intelligence
March 9, 2012 - Reston, VA - Future Point Systems, a pioneering market leader in Visual Information System (VIS) solutions, today announced the general availability of indico 1.0. “indico represents a revolutionary step forward for VIS tools,” commented Mike Metscher, CEO. “Our intense focus on the user experience is at the heart of Future Point Systems’ corporate values of responsiveness, top-notch technical support, ease of adoption, technical innovation, and rapid, client-driven product development. It’s valuable user feedback that drove the development of indico, and will continue to drive its evolution going forward.”
About indico 1.0
Over the past year, we’ve been hard at work putting together an easy to use, yet highly flexible analysis product specifically designed for people that need to see the knowledge buried within a wide assortment of data, but don’t have the time to learn a complex data analysis package.
• Work with any common file format. As a Future Point Systems product, indico deals with all the most common file formats such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, HTML, XML, and more. Just drop files into indico and start exploring immediately.
• Refine data after import. If the data files need a little touch-up work, entity extraction and string manipulation can be done inside indico without any need to reload them.
• Build Link Charts from any data. If the data files are in a text format, Link Charting is available as soon as they are loaded. For other formats, a simple data mapping interface allows users to design how they want indico to construct Link Charts.
• Use Social Network Analysis tools to understand connections within the data. With indico’s Social Network Analysis tools, seeing centrality rankings, finding paths, and exploring networks are easier than ever. With just a few clicks, the importance of each entity in the data is easily seen.
• Visualize quantitative data with Pivot Charts. Whether or not the data files include quantitative fields, indico provides pivot table support with an automatic chart display. For data with numeric fields, more detailed quantitative analysis is just a drag and drop away.
• Export work to other applications. Whether it’s images, data, or other interesting knowledge, indico supports several export options to easily integrate it into an overall analytic workflow that leverages other applications. Though indico is powerful enough to stand on its own, it is comfortable working alongside other applications as well.
ABOUT FUTURE POINT SYSTEMS
Headquartered in Reston, VA and with offices in Richland, Future Point Systems was founded in 2006 in partnership with Pacific Northwest National Lab (PNNL). As a private commercial enterprise, Future Point Systems has been granted exclusive rights to develop and market Starlight VIS (Visual Information System), capitalizing on millions of dollars of government-funded R&D. Starlight enables users to visually manage, understand, and derive new knowledge from massive quantities of heterogeneous and complexly related information. The system is well suited for applications ranging from military and law enforcement to corporate, academic and legal use. Future Point Systems is supported by a network of value added resellers. Please visit www.futurepointsystems.com for more information.